Update 18/11: Added minimum permissions required for event.
It’s been a year since Discord released their Trick’cord Treat Bot for Halloween last year, and it was a fun event! Waifu Bot by Builderb#0001 had a 2021 Halloween event where the bot randomly drops candies, and I took inspiration for that for this X’mas Event.
2021 has been almost like 2020, with the Covid-19 Situation still plaguing most of the world. Some of us are staying indoors, some of us do not celebrate Christmas where you are, but you may want to feel some of the Festive vibes.
I wanted to bring the snow-y experience to EVERYONE, no matter where you reside. To help, I launched a special limited-time event as part of my bot, Yui, that anyone can use to bring some seasonal reindeers to your server
You can add Yui at the following link:
Once you add Yui to your server, use
if!xmas enrol to register your server for the event! Once done, and once the event starts, Yui will randomly trigger a “Help Santa” event.
It’s a game based on speed, with whoever gives Santa the right present first receiving a random snowman part for their game inventory. The items to collect include the Head, Torso and Limbs.
The bot can show a scoreboard of who’s built the most number of snowmen with the parts, and server owners may choose to provide a prize for the winner(s). Or, not. the Christmas Spirit isn’t all about prizes!
The X’mas 2021 Event will run from December 1st 0000hrs (JST) through December 25th 2359hrs (JST), with a grace period till December 31st 2359hrs (JST) for members to utilise their Snowman Parts.
Getting Yui Set Up for the event
In order to get Yui added to your server, you’ll need to have the “Manage Server” permission in the server you want to add it in. Make sure you have permission to add it before doing so!
First, use this link to open the bot-adding page:
Once you click the link above, you’ll see a screen like the one below. Select the server you want to add Yui to and give the bot its required permissions.
Finally, enrol your server for the event. Use the following command to tell the bot you want in!
And you’re done! You can customise the settings of the event using the
if!xmas command to specify the channels to ignore, how often users can help Santa etc.
Overview of the Event
There are a few things that will happen over the course of the event!
Every now and then, Yui will pop up in chats with the following scenario.
The first member who clicks the correct present will receive a snowman part from Santa as thanks!
Besides these random occurrences, members can also use if!checkin to receive a random snowman part every X hours (set by your server, defaults to 6 hours).
Members can also use if!trade to trade extra snowman parts for other parts (2 parts for 1 new part).
And that’s it! It’s a simple event, but I hope it’ll bring some joy into the servers 🙂
Once the event ends on the 25th December, there will be a grace period for members to finish utilising available snowman parts. if!checkin will be disabled alongside the Help Santa Event, but if!trade, if!inventory, if!makesnowman, will remain available to the end of 2021.
Awesome Bot Commands
Here’s a handy list of Yui bot commands for you and your community reference while you build snowmen:
User Commands (Anyone can use these!)
- if!checkin: You can check in every now and then to collect a random Snowman Part from Santa!
- if!inventory: Shows you all the parts you’ve currently obtained, the number of snowmen you’ve built, and the countdowns for your next checkin and opportunity to Help Santa!
- if!makesnowman: Make some snowmen! Uses 1 of each part for each snowman built.
- if!trade <part>: Have too much of a particular snowman part? Trade 2 of those for a random part! E.g. if!trade head to trade 2 snowman heads for 1 random snowman part (torso or limbs)
- if!leaderboard: Displays the scores of how your server members are performing.
- if!invite: Shares the bot’s invite link so others can add it to their servers.
- if!help: Shows all available commands, even those not part of this event.
Admin Commands (Only members with Administrator permissions in their server can use these commands!)
- if!xmas checkin: Change how often members can use if!checkin. Default is 6 hours.
- if!xmas parts: Change how often members can get a part through the Help Santa Event. Default is 10 minutes.
- if!xmas spawnrate: Change the chance of the Help Santa Event being triggered. Default is 4% for every message.
- if!xmas enrol: Register your server for the X’mas 2021 Event.
- if!xmas unenrol: De-register your server for the X’mas 2021 Event. :c
- if!xmas ignoredchannels list: List the channels that Yui is not listening to. Listed channels will not spawn Help Santa Events.
- if!xmas ignoredchannels add #channel: Add mentioned channel(s) from being ignored. Yui will no longer listen to these channels. Multiple channels can be mentioned at once.
- if!xmas ignoredchannels remove #channel: Remove mentioned channel(s) from being ignored. Yui will now listen to those channels as well. Multiple channels can be mentioned at once.
If you end up needing any additional help when setting up and using the Yui bot for the X’mas 2021 Event, you can join the Yui’s Support Server for help at the following link:
Warning: The Help Santa Event consists of picking the correct coloured present box for Santa. Some members may have trouble distinguishing colours due to colour deficiency / blindness. You might want to give them some heads up! Colours used: Red, Yellow, Green, Pink, Purple and Blue
I hope the bot helps bring a bit of the Festive Joy into your server this Christmas Season! Hope you enjoy the event!
For those who prefer granular control over Yui’s permissions, please do make sure Yui has at least the following permissions for the X’mas 2021 Event to work properly. (Note: this is the minimum permissions required, and other commands may not function properly due to the lack of permissions.)
- View Channels
- Send Messages
- Embed Links
- Read Message History
- Use External Emojis